top of page
  • By Craig House at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium

Hoops humbled in 4-0 thrashing at home to Nottingham Forest

QPR 0 Nottingham Forest 4 Photo: Craig House

QPR 0 v Nottingham Forest 4

There was utter misery for Mark Warburton as his 10 man QPR side were thrashed 4-0 at the Kiyan Prince Stadium in his first game against Nottingham Forest since they sacked him in December 2017.

Nottingham Forest took the lead on the 15th minute through a Joe Lolley corner, the perfectly weighted cross found Tobias Figueiredo who headed comfortably past Joe Lumley.

Forest sealed the victory on the 80th minute through Lewis Grabban, the former Sunderland man converted from a Sammy Ameobi cross.

Joao Carvalho emphatically nutmegged the QPR defence and calmly slotted past Lumley to put the victory beyond doubt in the 88th minute.

And it turned from bad to worse just moments later when a shell-shocked QPR saw Forest pounce on an underwhelming Lumley save and substitute Alfa Semedo had one of the easiest tap ins he’s likely to have, Ameobi securing his second assist of the match.

The visitors certainly didn’t score their first goal against the run of play but the R’s held a vast majority of the possession in the opening quarter of an hour.

The first goal sprung life into QPR who started to mount the pressure on a Forest side who found themselves playing out from their own half.

Sammy Ameobi came close to doubling the visitor’s advantage on the 31st minute but his lame effort was equalled by Joe Lumley.

Ryan Manning went for an ambitious effort on the 34th minute, firing from well outside the box and forcing Brice Samba, who’d had a quiet evening so far, to punch the effort away with both hands.

Moments later on the 37th minute Ilias Chair tested Samba again, he broke away into space but shot straight at Samba who fumbled his shot into safety.

The R’s took Luke Amos off at half time and brought on Jordan Hugill in hopes of finding a passage back into the match.

Moments into the second half the whole dynamic of the game changed when Lee Wallace pulled down Joe Lolley on the 51st minute and was handed a straight red.

Tempers started to boil over moments after the ensuing free kick and Matty Cash found himself the first player to receive a yellow card.

Josh Scowen, who replaced Ilias Chair, had a great chance to equalise for QPR but his header went just wide and caught the side netting, large portions of the fans celebrating what they thought was an equaliser.

QPR continued to be the side with the better chances and on the 77th minute Nakhi Wells rifled a free kick directly at Samba who was only able to palm it back into the box.

Moments later the visitors replied with a chance of their own and Figueiredo nearly doubled his tally were it not for a goal line clearance denying the Portuguese defender.

QPR’s current run of form has seen them concede at least two goals in their last ten league matches something they hadn’t managed since 1951.

QPR made one change from their side that lost 2-1 in the London derby against Fulham, Ilias Chair was favoured to Jordan Hugill who has managed 8 league goals in 16 appearances this season.

The defeat which has left QPR winless in their last 6 league matches has seen the R’s drop down the table into 16th whilst Forest take advantage of Preston’s result and move up into fourth.

Rangers welcome an attendance of 12,937 to today’s match and are next in action away against Derby County on Saturday at 3pm.

QPR: J. Lumley, T. Kane, L. Wallace, G. Hall, L. Amos (OFF), E. Eze, D. Ball, R. Manning, I. Chair (OFF), N. Wells (OFF), T. Leistner

SUBS USED: J. Hugill, B. Osayi-Samuel

Nottingham Forest: B. Samba, T. Figueiredo, J. Worrall, L. Grabban (OFF), B. Watson, M. Cash, J. Robinson, S. Ameobi, J. Lolley (OFF), T. Silva, A. Adomah (OFF)

SUBS USED: J. Carvalho, J. Bostock, A. Semedo

Join our mailing list

bottom of page